When you save a Data File Copy, Import or Export AutoTask, IFP can automatically set the correct relative year for you, if you select Use relative years.
As an example, if you set up an AutoTask to export the 2016 WKFC data file whilst the database is set to November 2015, then with Use relative years selected it will save as Export CY+1 WKFC. When the Database Environment settings are updated to January 2016, the AutoTask will then export the 2017 WKFC data file (i.e. Current Year +1).
We recommend that you create a database backup before editing AutoTasks.
To update an existing AutoTask to use relative years:
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > AutoTask Manager.
- Select an AutoTask and click Properties > Edit.
- Step through the AutoTask to the final, Save AutoTask screen.
- Select Use relative years to automatically adjust the selected Data File year(s) for the AutoTask when the Database Environment settings are changed.
- Click Save 'AutoTask Name' to update the AutoTask (or Save as New AutoTask… to save as a new AutoTask).
- Click Finish to return to the AutoTask properties screen and see the revision.
Before you run an AutoTask you can see on the Properties screen which files will actually be used - see the example below.
For fixed years, only the year will be shown, e.g. 2015.
For relative years, the relation to the current year is shown, followed by which year that equates to based on the database environment settings, e.g. Current Year (2015).