AutoTasks can be edited to change that AutoTask, save as a new AutoTask, or step through the selections of the AutoTask.
How to Edit an AutoTask
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > AutoTask Manager.
- Select an AutoTask and click Properties > Edit
- Move through the AutoTask selections, making changes if required (see specific AutoTask topics).
- Select to Save the Current AutoTask or Save As New AutoTask or simply Finish if just stepping through the process.
- If required, select Use relative years to automatically adjust the selected Data File year(s) for the AutoTask when the Database Environment settings are changed. E.g. for an Import AutoTask created in 2017 to import into 2018 WKFC, this will save the year as Current Year + 1. When this AutoTask is run again in 2018, it will import into 2019 WKFC. The file year and label will be listed under What does this AutoTask do? prior to running or editing the AutoTask.
Data File Manager
If you are editing a Data Import, Data Export or Data Copy AutoTask, you can also do this from the Data File Manager. On the toolbar, click AutoTasks > Open > [AutoTask Type] and you will be taken to the first required selection of the AutoTask. You can also Create and Run AutoTasks from this menu.
Fixing Broken AutoTasks
As well as being able to Edit from the Properties dialog of an AutoTask, you can identify any selections that are broken within it. Any issues are shown using bold text so they are easily identifiable from correct selections.
Click Edit, move through the AutoTask selections and update the part which is broken, carry on through the remaining selections (running the process on the Run Data File Copy page to check, if appropriate) and Save the updated AutoTask. When you return to the Properties for the AutoTask the row previously showing an error should then be corrected.
For further information on error types, please see AutoTask Errors and Warnings.
Copy and Edit
There are some cases where very similar AutoTasks are required, for instance, where the selections are the same, but the Source or Target files are different. For example, Copy CY PLAN to CY WKFC is set up, but Copy CY+1 PLAN to CY+1 WKFC is also required. Simply Copy the original AutoTask in AutoTask Manager and Edit the new version to change the name and Data File(s).