Packages can be created for all reports, graphs and some editors in IFP. The general principle is however the same for each.
- Choose or create the required Data and Item Favourites files.
Note: Graph Packages also require a Graph Favourite file. Crosstabulation Analysis Packages also require a Crosstab Definition file.
- From IFP Home, select Reporting > Tools > Package Manager. (Package Manager can also be accessed in the Tools section of Graphing and Forecasting.)
- Select the item type e.g. Graphs vs Time. The folder and file list will refresh to show existing Packages for that item type.
- (Optional) Select either Public Files (visible to everyone) or My Files (visible to you only).
- (Optional) Select a folder to save the Package in. To create a new folder, right-click Public Files or My Files and select New Folder.
- Click Add on the toolbar to open the Package Properties dialog.
- Enter a descriptive package name and select all relevant favourites files on the General tab.
- (Optional) Choose any required Display and Print settings on the Output Options tab.
- (Optional) Edit the headings on the Headings tab. These headings are shown when viewing the Package output or when it is printed. See Dynamic Tokens in Package Headings for more information.
- Press OK to save the Package.
- Test the Package by opening it in the relevant menu option.
To see a demonstration of this process, see [video] How to Create a Package.
For how to implement Packages, see How to Run a Package.